I'm totally happy with my tuna tonight because it's PROPERLY SEARED and flavorful! Yipee! My first seare tuna tasted worse than canned tuna and there sat my poor friend eating the rubbery tuna with a smile, true friend, ain't he?!
Oven Grilled Asparagus
The tip to pick the fresh ones is to look at the end of the spear, the more moist, the fresher.
Ingredients: Serves 1-2 people
- 5-6 spears of medium white asparagus
- Olive oil
- Cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Truffle oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Wash and dry asparagus, place them on foil.
- Sprinkle, cumin seeds, rock salt and pepper, 1/2 tbsp olive oil evenly on both side.
- Put it in oven for about 7 minutes or until tender, turn occasionally.
- Let is sit for a minute. You might want to sprinkle a pint of salt, touch up with a few drops of truffle oil.
Ingredients: Serve 1
- 6oz tuna
- Dry mixed herbs
- Dry basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Wash and dry tuna with paper towel.
- Sprinkle a pint of salt, pepper and cayenne on both sides of tuna.
- Rub 1/2 tbsp evenly on ALL sides of tuna.
- Sprinkle both mixed herbs and dry dry basil on both sides.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil on high heat until smoke comes out.
- Sear tuna for about 1 minute on both sides.
- Let it side for 30s to 1 minute, cut into half inch wide pieces.
- Touch up with salt, cayenne pepper and a tsp of olive oil. Serve.